Levels of Spiritual Life
1 Corinthians 12:1-3
Now concerning spiritual gifts, brothers, I do not want you to be uninformed. You know that when you were pagans you were led astray to mute idols, however you were led. Therefore I want you to understand that no one speaking in the Spirit of God ever says “Jesus is accursed!” and no one can say “Jesus is Lord” except in the Holy Spirit.
Misconceptions about the Gifts of the Spirit
- The manifestations (gifts) of the Spirit are no longer valid today. [1 Corinthians 13:8-10]
- You should not seek the gifts, just the fruit of the Spirit. [1 Corinthians 14:1]
- We could get into deception if we emphasize spiritual gifts. [2 Thessalonians 2:10-11]
- If I minister in the Spirit, I have to be 100% accurate or I will be considered a false prophet. [Matthew 16:16-23]
- Only the really spiritually mature operate in spiritual gifts. [Ephesians 4:11-12]
1 Corinthians 12:7-11
To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. 8 For to one is given through the Spirit the utterance of wisdom, and to another the utterance of knowledge according to the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another the ability to distinguish between spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. All these are empowered by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as he wills.
General Classifications/Gifts/Manifestations of the Spirit
Music by Benmusic.com