Master Builder – Part 7
Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.
The Capabilities of Our Faith
- 2 Corinthians 4:16-18. So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
- Isaiah 55:10-11. For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater,
so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.
- Romans 10:8-9. But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith that we proclaim); because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
- Romans 10:17. So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ
3.Faith is the ability to step outside your time to taste and experience the powers of the age to come. (Hebrews 11:5)
- For it is impossible, in the case of those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, and have shared in the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come and then have fallen away, to restore them again to repentance, since they are crucifying once again the Son of God to their own harm and holding him up to contempt.
- Don’t let your days determine your life; let your life determine your days.
5.Faith is the ability to act without full understanding of all details of God’s plan and purpose. (Hebrews 11:8)
- Understanding follows faith; faith precedes understanding.
6.Faith is the ability to defy natural processes. (Hebrews 11:12)Genesis 25:1-2. Abraham took another wife, whose name was Keturah. She bore him Zimran, Jokshan, Medan, Midian, Ishbak, and Shuah.
7.Faith is the ability to die, knowing with confidence that God will fulfill his promises to you in future generations and in eternity. (Hebrews 11:13-16)
- We do not want all of God’s promises to us to have an earthly or temporal fulfillment.
Music by Benmusic.com